Monday, April 11, 2005

WE'VE GOT BABY!!

Blogger went and lost the first one of these so I'm gonna make it short and sweet. grrrrrrrr

My girl is SO the shit, yo!

Morgan Arthur *got here a lil' bit early* on Sunday April 10th, 2005 at 12:49 p.m. w/o the aid of an epidural or any other pain meds (right now, the "legend of Tina" is rapidly growing amongst the nurses on the maternity floor, half of em' are preggy themselves) I overheard one of the delivery nurses telling her buddy, "she was laughing and smiling w/ me at 8 centimeters, at 9 she says, "I think I need to push now" *insert stunned as hell nurse look here*

Evidently, the modern medical profession is NOT used to having a woman who eschews pain meds in favor of "natural childbirth".....evidenced by the fact that every few seconds someone poked their head in the door and asked about "the epidural" (my girl is SO the shit)

Anyways, the boy was a couple 'o weeks early, so she may be in till Tuesday. But he was 6lbs. 11 1/2 oz and 22 inches long. Blond hair (no red, thank GOD) loooong slender guitar-playing fingers and long slender toes, and a pecker like a tree-trunk, lol. (of course, momma smiled up at me and said "he's just like his daddy", but even I gotta admit..... he stole that from somewhere else, lol)